¤ ¤ ¤
¤ Earthien Encounters ¤
¤ Rencontres Terrestres ¤
¤ Encuentros Terreales ¤
¤ ¤ ¤
Note: the ideation of this project is largely inspired by indepth conversations with Wyi. The first iteration of this performance took place on earth, online and during a local event organised in Mur.at, Graz, Austria, intitled, Wiring a constellation (december 14-16th).
Video EeRteT 1.1:
The movie can show a landscape or a closeup, with or without human in it.
2) The projection of these films, (on december 16th) will be offered to the accompaniment in movement and in sound, by other humans, in a space linked by electronic wires. For exemple:
3) The performance aims at exploring the reimbodiement and possibilities of telepresence in videodance, dance and music. It is also a way to honor special landspaces, that forms dwelling, tertres or mounds, where we connect with rocks, water and humus, where we feel past and coming death, and points of restaurations.
Below, some exploration of dance with projection of landscape and dance movies.
note: special thanks to valentina vuksic for her complicity in this photo shoot 🙂
Timeline – times zones
The meeting will take place on a free video conferencing channel (precision to come). We’re going to try to avoid proprietary software such as skype et
You will probably need to install a free software to participate in the meeting
If you live in Tiota’ke, known collectively as Montreal, we encourage you to gather around a projector, with an internet connection (in the studio of Shahir and Y for example)
Each participant is invited to gather (according to the means and possibilites)
- a projector (to project the film series)
- a dance space or movement in front of the projection
- a computer with a webcam, a phone or a tablet (for online meeting)
- a computer connected to the internet (for online meeting)
- of musical instrument, to possibly sound the dance
- a camera (with enough space | empty and loaded, in battery) to record the experiment.
Each participant can choose to:
- send only a 3 to 10 min still frame movie
- send a movie with sound accompaniment (in situ or on a separate file)
- not join to the virtual meeting (one or more video recordings will be sent to all participants)
- join the virtual meeting without contributing to the video performance
- participate to the virtual meeting and contribute to the performance by intervening in the projection of one or more of the films with sound or/and with movement
The choice of contribution should be specifif by december 14th.
Suggestion of in situ procedure:
spend 10 to 60 minutes meditating on the place of the earthly encounter (of the film and the possible dance) by observing / describing what is happening in the ecosystem of this space.
(bring warm drink and warm extra clothe for cold weather)
1.0. choose a frame
1.1. write for 10 minutes what happens in this setting
1.2. mount this frame to the cube, write for 10 min what happens in this cube
1.3. now observe what’s happening between the cube and its environment
1.4. note what in you, want to dance with and in this setting.
Prepare a camera and a stand to film this frame.
Plan to free disk space for the movie
Charge the batteries (notes or inhabitants of the north: the batteries discharge more quickly in cold weather !)
If possible, ask for help from an ally.
After a few minutes of meditation, perform a dance that can last from 3 to 10 minutes.
If the dance lasts longer, it should be edited
The films are to be sent by December 10th, either by uploading to youtube or by FTP file sending procedure.
4. COLLECTIVE VISUALISATION & PERFORMANCE PROPOSITION
each participant will be invited to watch the contribution, suggest or agree of order of screening, and propose a mode of intervention (movement, sound, none…)
December 16th, (if possible) meet online for check up at 12.30pm | 1.30 pm | 7.30 pm
( video conference tool to be specified)
Performance starts at 1 pm (Mexico) | 2 pm (Quebec and Florida) | 8 pm (Austria)